It’s the time of year when we get together with our loved ones and remember to be grateful for all the good things in our lives. At Bagoy’s Florist, serving Anchorage, we love Thanksgiving season and want to remind you to remember to bring a token of your appreciation for your hostess, if you’ll be having your Thanksgiving meal at someone else’s home this year. If you’re not sure what to bring, read on for plenty of suggestions that’ll help you show any host how much you appreciate their hospitality and presence in your life.
Perfect Hostess Gifts for Any Type of thanksgiving Celebration
Even if you’re attending a potluck-style feast, you should still bring a gift for your hostess or host because simply preparing one’s home, and dinnerware for guests is a lot of work. Show your appreciation with a heartfelt token chosen specially for your hostess. You can bring something that everyone will enjoy during your day of togetherness or something to help your host relax after the big day.
Friendsgiving is a Thanksgiving celebration just for buddies. It’s sometimes celebrated on Thanksgiving Day, the Wednesday before, or sometime during the week after. Since Friendsgiving is for friends, it’s usually less formal than other Thanksgiving meals so that you can have some fun with your gifts, too! Consider the following ideas for your hostess friend:
- Bath bombs, bath salts, or soaps for chilling out after the work is done
- Party games to enjoy with everyone after dinner
- A floral arrangement that’s already trimmed and in the vase
- Festive dish towels, featuring pumpkins, pies, acorns, or other cute autumn accents
- Seasonally scented candles
- Succulents or plants
- Your friend’s favorite bottle of wine or spirits
2. Thanksgiving with Your In-Laws
Whether you’ve been a part of the family for a while or are meeting your significant other’s parents for the first time, you shouldn’t show up to Thanksgiving empty-handed. After all, showing your appreciation for the people who are responsible for raising the love of your life is no small task. When choosing a hostess gift for your in-laws, look for tasteful, elegant items.
- A floral arrangement or a stunning centerpiece
- A pretty box of gourmet chocolates
- A set of whiskey stones for in-laws who enjoy their spirits
- An expensive bottle of wine paired with a nice wine bottle opener
- A personalized cutting board or cheese tray
- High-quality serving utensils because everyone always ends up needing more of these on Thanksgiving
- A nice set of cheese knives
3. Thanksgiving with Your Family
Even if you’re just heading home or to your grandmother’s house — places where you’re always comfortable and welcome — you should still bring a hostess gift to show your family how much you care. Since you know your family well, you can bring an item that you know will be appreciated. Choose a gift that will help your mom or dad relax after the big day or take some stress of entertaining off your grandparents.
- A few bottles of sparkling cider for the little ones and those avoiding alcohol
- New toys to occupy the household pets
- A craft or game to keep the children busy
- Fancy hand soap to make sure no one leaves with unwanted leftovers from the holiday dinner
- Flowers that have already been trimmed and arranged in a festive vase
- A pumpkin or pecan pie baked in a festive dish for your hostess to keep
- Holiday cookie cutters to get a start on the next baking season
Get Even More Great Hostess Gift Ideas
If you’re still not sure what gift would be best for your Thanksgiving host or hostess, we welcome you to stop by Bagoy’s Florist. Our floral design experts can help you select the perfect flowers for a festive arrangement or centerpiece or choose a different gift to show your appreciation. We wish you a happy Thanksgiving!